Check out the briefings on how to build your own website from the best and trusted experts in the industry. The lists here are not itemized as best to lowest, consider it just your regular grocery list.
STEP 1 . Get Web Hosting and Register a Domain Name
- Go to Bluehost.com (or any other web host)
- Choose your website hosting plan
- Choose a domain name
- Fill in your account details
- Check your “Package Information” and finish registration
- Create your password and log into Bluehost
STEP 2 . Set Up Your Website
- To create a website with WordPress (or Joomla and Drupal), use the “one-click installation”
- Or Manual install (for those who don’t use Bluehost or any similar host)
STEP 3. Design Your Website
- Log into your WordPress dashboard
- Access free themes
- Install your new theme
STEP 4. Add Content To Your Website
- Add and edit pages
- Add pages to the Menu
- Add and edit posts
- Change your Tile and Tagline
- Disable Comments for Posts & Pages
- Setup a Static Front Page
- Edit sidebar
- Install plugins
STEP 1. Choose a Website Building Platform
WordPress become the most popular site building platform in the world. Here’s why:
- It’s free to use
- It’s easy for beginners
- It’s customizable
STEP 2. Choose a Domain & Web Hosting
- Go to BlueHost and then click “get started now”.
- Choose your web hosting plan.
- Put the domain name you want and click “next” to confirm that it’s available to register.
- Put in all your details to get registered.
- You will also need to choose some options for your hosting package.
- Create a password for your account and choose a design for your website.
STEP 3. Customizing your New Website
- Login to your site to access your dashboard by visiting yourdomain.com/wp-admin/ (replace yourdomain.com with the name of your domain).
- Choose a theme.
- Add some new content by adding Pages, Category and Posts.
- Install some plugins. Here are a few of the most popular plugins: Yoast SEO, Akismet, Contact Form 7, WooCommerce.
- Edit your Site Title, Tagline and other settings under General Settings.
FIRST. Picking a Website Building Platform
- WordPress – most versatile website building platform.
- Joomla – flexible as WordPress but need to learn coding.
- Drupal – more difficult coding and has less support.
- Prestashop – designed specifically for eCommerce.
- CubeCart – an eCommerce platform and offers a great deal of flexibility and options to get started.
SECOND. Decide on a Good Domain Name and Web Hosting Provider
- Come up with a good name for your website.
- Try using synonyms in the name if you yourself struck finding a name.
- Important thing to remember is your domain name needs to represent your content or business.
THIRD. Install and Configure WordPress
- Install WordPress automatically or manually.
- Decide on a WordPress theme.
- Install essential plugins: TinyMCE, YoastSEO, Wordfence Security, Jetpack and Google Analytics Dashboard for WP.
- Add content to your website.
- Editing elements on the Menu.
SETTING UP THE EXTRAS
- Tweak your WordPress settings.
- Monetizing your site.
- Market your website.
We hope that you find the topic helpful.
Please share us your thoughts! You can comment your favorite links here that you think may benefit other readers.