Identify keyword opportunities
- Google Trends
- Google Suggest
- Keyword Tool
Narrow down your topic
- Pick a narrower topic that will appeal to a good number of readers.
- Find variation that is both specific and relevant.
Write and optimize your post
- Use keyword in the title tag.
- Even in a video post, use relevant variations on your keyword on the page.
- Use keyword in meta tags.
- Use internal linking.
- Promote your post.
- Brainstorm a list of topics
- Use Google and YouTube Suggest
- Searches Related to
- Find keywords on Reddit
- Wikipedia Table of Contents
- Find popular topics using forums
- Keywords Everywhere research tool
- The Google Keyword Planner
- Long Tail keywords
- Authority of sites on Google’s first page
- Keyword difficulty inside of keyword tools: Ahrefs, KWFinder and Moz Pro
- Search volume based on your industry.
- Estimate organic click-through-rate using SERP (search Engine Result Page), Ahrefs and Moz pro.
- Difficulty of keywords by using more competitive long tail keywords.
- Check CPC (cost per click) even with less volume but people are willing to pay.
- Search keywords as per your Business fit.
- Check keyword trends in Google Trends to see if growing fast or dying slow.
- Barnacle SEO is the practice of using other sites’authority to rank in the first page.
- Google Search Console is a goldmine of keyword ideas.
- Optimize content around synonyms and related keywords.
- Ahrefs Content Gap to see the exact keywords another site ranks for but you don’t have.
- Analyze keywords base on searcher intent. focus on informational rather than navigational keywords where people look for websites.
- Find Shoulder keywords which means aren’t directly to what you sell.
1. Get suggestions from the source
- Google Suggest
2. Use Google Adwords Keyword Planner
3. Dig into related Searches
4. Go question shopping
5. Mine the world’s largest wiki
6. Hack book and courses
- Use “Look Inside” in Amazon ebooks to view its Table of Contents.
- Check course outlines on Udemy, Skillshare, Linda and other learning websites.
7. Hack reviews
- Examine reviews of books, courses and products for additional ideas.
8. Do some pay-per-click advertising
- Your PPC campaign will reveal the keywords with highest levels of traffic and quality.
9. Get a 10 from Google Adwords Keyword Planner
The bottom end of the range with minimum of 10 is the number you actually do want to know.
10. Get serious with Moz Pro Keyword Planner
11. Uncover trends
Use compare features in Google Trends.
12. Check authority with MozBar
Find SERPs with domain authorities lower than yours.
13. Check the difficulty factor
Use SEMRush Keyword Difficulty tool to target andassess keyword that too difficult to rank for.
14. Find competitive gaps
Use Audience Overlap Tool from Alexa.
15. Approach keyword planning semantically
To get results by what the search engine deems to be meaningful related.
16. Double-down on your keywords
Optimize your posts, especially tittles for overlapping phrases and multiple keywords.